The Zoning Division receives, reviews and processes applications for the following permits:
- Single Family Home or Additions
- Accessory Structures (i.e. decks, sheds, garage, storage building)
- Swimming Pools
- Temporary Use -including Roadway
- Signs/Temporary Signs
- Commercial Building
- Transient Vendor
- Certificate of Use (COU) - Home Occupation, Road Side Stand, Chickens or Fence
- Certificate of Use - Business or Industrial Uses
- Road Opening/Apron
Land and structures in Green may not be occupied or used; and structures may not be erected, constructed, enlarged, moved or structurally altered, except in conformity with all of the Zoning Code regulations.
All commercial, industrial, and multi-family projects, as well as signs mounted in the ground, require review and approval by the Planning Commission prior to issuance of a zoning certificate.
A Fee Schedule has been provided with a complete listing of permits and their cost.
Below are a couple links that will assist with the permit process:
1867 West Market Street
Telephone: (330) 926-5600
Mark Shenot, Chief Building Official
1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue
Telephone: (330) 630-7280
Residential Plans Examiner:
Telephone: (330) 630-7076