Be a City Volunteer!
The City of Green is always looking for volunteers to assist with a variety of projects. From park clean-up to outreach programs, residents can make a difference in their community! In addition, the City aims to link volunteers with local organizations looking for volunteer assistance.
City of Green Volunteer Opportunities
Ongoing Opportunties -- Register today
1. Park Clean-up. The City is looking for residents or groups to assist in trash pick up in our parks. This is an ongoing opportunity for anyone interested in helping keep our parks clean.
2. Special Event Volunteers. At each of our special events throughout the year, there are always volunteers needed to assist with a variety of tasks.
3. Senior Program Volunteers. Looking for individuals to help set up our on-going senior events -- Knit for the Needy and Senior Game Day.
4. Green Drug Task Force. The Green Drug Trask Force is always looking for members to assist with a variety of outreach programs to prevent drug abuse. Learn more about the Green Drug Task Force.
5. Living Green Task Force. The Living Green Task Force is a group of volunteers and city staff that champion strategies to protect our environmental, social and economic resources. Interested in helping to develop initiatives and programs that encourage the city, residents, business and civic organizations to live sustainably? Please contact Sarah Haring, Community Development Administrator for more information.
Boy Scout, Girl Scout, youth groups, businesses, etc. interested in doing a service project or day of volunteering, please contact email@example.com.
Volunteer In and Around Green
If you would like a volunteer opportunity posted to this page, please email the City's Communications Manager. Please contact the organizations/contacts below to find out more information about any particular volunteer opportunity.
Hattie Larlham wants to inspire students through volunteer services experiences. Day and evening shift options in the Green and Summit county area. If you need contact hours for your major or service hours for a scholarship opportunity we have no minimum hour requirements. Students under 16 years of age must have a parent present during their volunteering. Print Application @: www.hattielarlham.org
Volunteer Opportunity: Green Good Neighbors
Contact: Pat Stiles, (330) 899-9880
Green Good Neighbors is looking for on-going volunteers. Volunteer hours are Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Other hours -- evenings, weekends -- available. Call Green Good Neighbors at (330) 899-9880 to learn more.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Green Schools Foundation Board Member
Organization: Green Schools Foundation
The Green Schools Foundation is looking for new board members for the organization. Please contact the Green Schools Foundation through their website.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Historical Society School Marm
Organization: Green Historical Society
The Green Historical Society is looking for retired teachers, college students studying to be teacher (or those who just love to teach history) to be School Marms for the Green Local School's 3rd Grade Local History program field trip. Training will be provided. Contact the Green Historical Society to learn more.