Access from Boettler Park
- Over 5 miles of natural trails
- Stocked fishing ponds - Catch and release fishing only. Valid state fishing license required.
- Herron Pond
- Horseshoe Lake
- Mirror Lake
- North Lake
- Dog walking is permitted in Southgate Park. Dogs must remain on leash.
- Main Lodge - Home of The Twisted Olive Italian American Kitchen
- Historic Hartong Farmstead
- Historical cemetery
Southgate Park is a 197-acre tract of property that abuts Boettler Recreational Park to the north. The natural landscape includes forestland, wetlands, stocked ponds and is inhabited by a variety of rare and endangered plant and animal species. Southgate Park is sure to be a visitor destination with the potential for educational opportunities for nature lovers, as well as children and their families. Because there will be no vehicle traffic permitted in the park, visitors will be able to enjoy the scenic setting and wildlife without disturbing its breathtaking beauty. Access to Southgate Park will only be permitted to visitors from Boettler Recreational Park at 5300 Massillon Road. Southgate Park is truly an asset to the City of Green that will be enjoyed by future generations. Southgate Park is the only City of Green park that allows dogs. Please enjoy Southgate Park, respect the natural surroundings and remember to keep it litter-free!