City of Green Master Trail Plan Revealed at Several January Public Meetings
Green, OH, January 7, 2019 -- The City of Green in conjunction with AMATS (Akron Metro Transportation Study) will present the City of Green’s Master Trail Plan during several public meetings in January.
These public meetings include:
- City Council Committee, City Council Chambers, 1755 Town Park Blvd, on January 8 at 5 p.m.
- Parks and Recreation Board, City Council Chambers, 1755 Town Park Blvd., on January 9 at 6 p.m.
- Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council Chambers, 1755 Town Park Blvd, on January 16 at 6 p.m.
- AMATS Citizen Involvement Committee, Central Park Community Hall, 1755 Town Park Blvd, on January 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- Historic Preservation Commission, City Council Chambers, 1755 Town Park Blvd. on January 24 at 6:00pm.
All meetings are open to the public. City Council, Parks and Recreation Board and Planning and Zoning Commission meetings are also live streamed and archived at www.cityofgreen.org/videos.
Developed in partnership with AMATS and Environmental Design Group (EDG) of Akron, this study is the result of a comprehensive planning process that included several opportunities for community input and participation from the public. In 2018, several meetings were held to solicit input and feedback from residents on where future trails should be built including a special "Bike-N-Brainstorm" held August 18, where participants biked from Boettler Park to Central Park and provided feedback from a cyclist’s point of view.
Following the January presentations, legislation will be presented to City Council to adopt the master plan. Upon City Council approval and adoption, the Master Trail Plan will become part of the city's Transportation Plan. View the current draft at www.cityofgreen.org/master-connectivity-plan
If you are interested in more information about the trail plan, please contact Sarah Haring, community development administrator at 330-896-6614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org. or follow the City on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofgreenohio or on Twitter @cityofgreen.