Deadline to apply for the 2020 Class is October 31, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Green Community Leadership Initiative
A program designed to foster and encourage community engagement.
Immerse yourself in an in-depth leadership program focused on Green, Ohio, designed for business and community leaders who are interested in learning more about the community where they live, work and play. The six-session program, held March through May, will address topics to stimulate a broader understanding of the social, economic, policy and environmental issues impacting the community, as well as provide participants an avenue to become more engaged and shape its future.
Class participants will:
- Become more connected and engaged in the community
- Learn more about civic organizations and the issues they face
- Develop an understanding about how local public policy is developed and implemented
- Network with peers
Green Community Leadership Initative’s class begins in the Spring of 2020. Program days are half-day sessions held every other week for a total of four sessions plus a day long opening and closing retreats; and class project, which concludes in Fall 2020.
Sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Opening Retreat: Understanding and defining what makes Green special
- Education/Workforce: Connecting education to the workforce
- Community Health: Learning about the opportunities and challenges of healthcare
- Economic Growth & Development: Recognize how local government impacts growth
- Quality of Life: Making Green a place to call home.
- Closing Retreat: Tying it all Together
Who Should Apply?
- Business and community leaders
- Individuals looking to become more involved
- Must live or work in Green