Applications available now.
Deadline to apply is May 31, 2018 by 5 p.m.
Green Community Leadership Initiative
A program, designed by Leadership Akron to foster and encourage community engagement.
Immerse yourself in a brand new in-depth leadership program focused on Green, Ohio, designed for business and community leaders who are interested in learning more about the community where they live, work and play. The six-session program, held September through November, will address topics to stimulate a broader understanding of the social, economic, policy and environmental issues impacting the community, as well as provide participants an avenue to become more engaged and shape its future.
The inaugural class participants will:
- Become more connected and engaged in the community
- Learn more about civic organizations and the issues they face
- Develop an understanding about how local public policy is developed and implemented
- Network with peers
Green Community Leadership Initative’s inaugural class begins in the Fall of 2018. Program days are half-day sessions held every other week for a total of four sessions plus a day long opening and closing retreats; and class project, which concludes in Spring 2019.
Sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Opening Retreat: Understanding and defining what makes Green special
- Education/Workforce: Connecting education to the workforce
- Community Health: Learning about the opportunities and challenges of healthcare
- Economic Growth & Development: Recognize how local government impacts growth
- Quality of Life: Making Green a place to call home.
- Closing Retreat: Tying it all Together
Who Should Apply?
- Business and community leaders
- Individuals looking to become more involved
- Must live or work in Green
Sign-up for updates and notices about the Green Community Leadership Initiative.