Below are the current job opportunities with the City of Green.
Regardless of the position an employment application must be submitted. The City of Green conducts background checks and drug tests for all new hires.
The City of Green is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: $19.48 per hour
The Civil Service Commission will conduct an examination for this full-time position Monday, February 11, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The test will be conducted at the City of Green Central Administration Building located at 1755 Town Park Blvd., Green, OH. Application deadline is 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 25, 2019.
Qualifications: Completion of secondary education (high school or GED), supplemented by courses in general accounting and personal computer operations, plus two (2) years experience in the preparation and maintenance of tax and financial records. The City will also consider applicants who possess an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES: (The duties listed below are intended to depict tasks performed by this classification.)
- Prepare, maintain, and process financial transaction records.
- Assist with tax division operations: to include taxpayer assistance, tax receipts, data entry, taxpayer correspondence, and all associated systems.
- Process invoices and purchase orders for payment.
- Run checks and accompanying reports.
- Run year end reports.
- Bill others for various services provided by the City.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll and complete necessary payroll reports and remittances.
- Assist auditors during the annual or special audits by locating records, clarifying activities, and providing general information.
- Perform various clerical tasks in order to assist with the efficient operation of the department: collect forms; maintain leave time records; compile data and submit to service providers.
- Serve as back-up to co-workers.
- Type reports, correspondence, and other documentation; etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES necessary to perform duties (*indicates developed after employment).
Knowledge of: Department policies and procedures*, general accounting principles and practices, modern business office practices and procedures, payroll practices and procedures*; City income tax ordinances and regulations*.
Skill in: Operation of modern business office equipment (fax, copier), Microsoft operating system (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Ability to: Collect, analyze, and interpret data, work independently or with others, prepare and maintain accurate documentation, calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages, communicate effectively, effectively interact with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS STRENGTH RATING: In accordance with the U. S. Department of labor physical demands strength ratings, this is considered light work.
Application: Applications available at the City of Green Administration Bldg., 1755 Town Park Blvd., Green, OH 44232 or at www.cityofgreen.org/job-opportunities. Return application, proof of education (copy of high school diploma, GED or college transcripts), and a $10 non-refundable filing fee (checks payable to City of Green) to the Human Resources Office or mail to the Civil Service Commission, P.O. Box 278, Green, OH 44232-0278.
As of November 15, 2018, The City of Green is a Tobacco-Free Workplace. Applicants must be able to test negative for nicotine along with other drug and alcohol preplacement requirements.
All information submitted will be reviewed by the Civil Service Commission to determine eligibility to participate in the examination process. Applicants failing to meet minimum qualifications or supply the required documentation will be disqualified from taking the examination and notified in writing.
Examination: Qualified candidates will be notified of the examination location by letter after the review of applications.
Bonus Points: Applicants must receive a minimum passing grade of 70% to be eligible for bonus points. Any applicant who has been a resident of the City of Green for two continuous years immediately prior to the date of the examination shall have two (2) bonus points added to their score. Applicants may also receive bonus points for completed service with the City of Green and being honorably discharged from the military service in accordance with Civil Service Rule 5.6.
Are you in need of extra money for the holidays?
Have you been laid off during the winter months?
The City of Green is a progressive, prosperous and promising city in need of dependable and courteous CDL CLASS A & B drivers to assist with snow & ice removal and other assigned duties during the winter season.
- Completion of secondary education (High School or GED)
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license (Class A or B CDL) and remain insurable
- Ability to work outside in varying weather/driving conditions
- Maximum assignment of 180 days
- $15.00 to $16.35/hr based on experience - No benefits
- Overtime will be required during inclement weather (may include weekends and holidays)
Two shifts available:
7 am – 3 pm (normal work hours)
3 pm – 7 pm (must be available if needed)
7 pm – 3 am (normal work hours)
3 am – 7 am (must be available if needed)
You may download an application and mail to:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
PO Box 278
Green, OH 44232-0278
Or apply in person at:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
Uniontown, OH 44685