Green’s East Liberty Schoolhouse Named to the National Register of Historic Places
Green, OH – The City of Green is pleased to announce that the East Liberty Schoolhouse, located at 3492 S. Arlington Road, was recently named to the National Register of Historic Places by United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service.
The historic East Liberty Schoolhouse, School District No. 11 in Green Township, was built in 1890 and closed in 1927. The Romanesque Revival architecture is one of two of its style remaining in the state of Ohio, the other is located in Hamilton County. In December of 2015 the City of Green moved the historic schoolhouse approximately 500’ to the north of its original site at 811 East Turkeyfoot Lake Road to avoid demolition.
This is the second building in Green to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2007 the Hartong Farmstead, located in Southgate Park, 5300 Massillon Road, was named for its historic Eastlake farmhouse, 1885 Bank Barn and accessory farm buildings.
The East Liberty Schoolhouse is currently for sale and zoned for business use. Inquires about purchasing the property may be directed to the City of Green Planning Department at email@example.com.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofgreenohio