For emergency alert notification via text, land-line phone and email, the CIty of Green uses Everbridge, a messaging notification service. For those residents with listed landline telephone service, your phone number is currently in our call list.
If you are only a cellphone user (no landline), YOU MUST REGISTER to receive these alerts.
How to register:
1. Sign up via this link to include all your contact info: location, email and phone numbers -- both landline and cellphone numbers. REGISTER
2. Text GREENOH to 888-777 to register your cellphone ONLY.
Messages will be sent via text/call in the event of a weather emergency (tornado/severe storm), traffic delays due to an accident, flooding or other issues and more. Occasional reminder emails about events and activities in the City will also be shared via text messaging.
- Who should sign-up?
- Residents who wish to receive text message alerts on his/her cell phone.
- Residents who ONLY have cell phones.
- Non-Residents, who work in Green or have relatives in Green, who wish to receive alerts.
See recent messages below.