Green Receives Auditor of State Award in Recent Financial Audit
Green, OH – The City of Green is pleased to announce it received the Auditor of State Award from State Auditor Keith Faber. The Auditor’s office awards local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit the Auditor of State Award. This is the third consecutive year the City of Green has received the Auditor of State Award.
“In addition to our strong economic growth, the City of Green continues to develop systems and controls to ensure the highest level of financial excellence,” said Mayor Gerard Neugebauer. “This award is a testament to our diligence and transparency in financial reporting.”
Entities that receive the award must meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System and in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weakness, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comment related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely annual financial report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofgreenohio or follow us on Twitter @cityofgreen.