Raintree 5k Adjustments for Runner Safety During COVID-19
GREEN, Ohio – June 4, 2020 – The City’s Second Annual Raintree 5k and 1-mile Fun Run/Walk will continue this year on Saturday, July 4 under new guidance to keep runners safe and socially distanced in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
This year’s 5k Run/Walk and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk will kick off Saturday, July 4 at 7:30 a.m. Runners may pick up packets and sign up for late registration on race day beginning at 6:30 a.m., but are encouraged to pick up packets July 3 at Raintree Golf and Event Center from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Runners may also register for the event ahead of time at Active.com. Registration is $25/runner or $8/Fun Run/Walk to participate. First 300 registered will received a free t-shirt. Door prizes will be available, and awards will go to the top 25 male finishers and top 25 female finishers. All proceeds benefit First Tee of Akron.
To keep participants safe amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, new guidelines and procedures have been put in place:
- Water bottles will only be handed out after the race. Please bring your own water. There will be no on-course water stop. Sorry, there will be no post-race food provided. Runners are responsible for bringing their own food, if needed.
- Participants are asked not arrive more than 30 minutes before the race, warm up independently and not to congregate before the race.
- Participants will be asked to leave at the conclusion of their race.
- Starting line has been widened. Runners will be spaced 6 feet apart on the line with 15 runners starting at a time and up to 20 rows to follow.
- Athletes are encouraged to maintain 6 feet of distance during the race and are asked to refrain from running side-by-side.
- Athletes are asked to move quickly through the finish line area, while staying 6 feet from other runners.
The Raintree 5k and Fun Run/Walk is the first race of the year in the City of Green’s Great Eight Race Series. For more information on the series and future races, visit cityofgreen.org/Great8
For more information and to register for the Raintree 5k and Fun Run/Walk, visit Active.com.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.