City of Green Plans the Reopening of Tennis Courts and Pickleball Courts
GREEN, OH, May 19, 2020 – Following reopening of several types of facilities by the State of Ohio, the City of Green has reviewed its closures and will reopen the following:
Reopening on Friday, May 29:
- Tennis courts at Boettler Park and East Liberty Park
- Pickleball courts at Boettler Park
Please continue to follow proper social distancing guidelines when using any of Green City Park facilities. Guidelines will be posted.
The City is also considering the reopening of baseball fields and the splash pad at Central Park once policies and staff to ensure compliance, preparation and maintenance of the facilities are in place. Until then, these park features remain closed. The City will be complying with all mandatory regulations set forth by the State of Ohio for reopening as well as following many of the best practice guidelines.
The following facilities remain closed Under Direction of the Summit County Health Department until further notice:
- All playground equipment at all City of Green parks.
- All park restrooms.
- All sports fields are closed to organized teams or sports organizations. Please remember that the CDC is recommending limiting groups, in close proximity, of no more than 10 people.
- The Splash Pad at Central Park, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
- The Dog Park at Ariss Park, 2520 Wise Road.
- Volleyball and basketball courts in Green City parks.
The following events are cancelled:
- Memorial Day Parade, Ceremony, Community Picnic and Car Show on May 25 are cancelled.
- Green’s Annual FreedomFest at Boettler Park, sponsored by 98.1 KDD, on June 27 is cancelled.
- All Green Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camps (June 8 - August 7) are cancelled. All summer camp registrations will be refunded by the end of May.
- Children’s Entertainment Series dates in June (June 4, 11, 18 and 25) are cancelled.
- New rentals for any Green Park Pavilions, the Central Park Community Hall and the John Torok Community Center will not be accepted until further notice. All existing reservations that are cancelled will be refunded. The current State of Ohio restrictions for gatherings is no more than 10 people.
- The Central Park Splash Pad will remain closed at this time.
- Yoga in the Park dates in June are cancelled. Free Yoga in the Park, featuring Cleveland Clinic Akron General instructors, will resume in July beginning Wednesday, July 8. Yoga in the Park is Wednesdays and Saturdays at Central Park at 9 a.m. from July 8 through August 15.
All City of Green events in July and later will be reevaluated as dates approach.
Reopened with restrictions:
- The Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd., will remain closed to drop-in visitors. All visitors must make an appointment by calling 330-896-5500. All visitors must wear a face covering when in the building.
- City Council and all public meetings will continue to meet remotely with public viewing available through the City’s website at www.cityofgreen.org/videos. For task force and other committee meetings, such as the Drug Task Force and Living Green Task Force, details on meetings and the meeting format will be posted on the City’s website well in advance of any scheduled meetings.
Additional reminders and clarification:
- Raintree Golf and Event Center remains open to golfers. Golfers should use mobile registration and check-in. Visit www.golfraintree.com for more information.
- City Recycle Center, 5383 Massillon Road, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The City is updating our COVID-19 webpages daily with resources, links and more. Please visit www.cityofgreen.org/covid-19.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.
# # #