City of Green Park Cancels Children’s Entertainment Series and Senior Expo Event,
Update on Programming and Park Rentals
GREEN, OH, July 24, 2020 – The City of Green is cancelling its Children’s Entertainment Series at Central Park, 1755 Town Park Blvd, for the 2020 season. Dates in June and July had previously been cancelled. All remaining dates in August are cancelled.
Senior Expo on September 10 Cancelled
The City of Green is also cancelling its annual Senior Expo on September 10 at Raintree Golf and Event Center.
Pavilion and Community Center Rentals Remain Closed
All park pavilions, Central Park Community Hall, and the John Torok Community Center remain closed at least through August 31 based on the updated order from the Ohio Department of Health released on July 7, 2020. Currently the City is not accepting any new reservations.
Parks Programming Update
The following park programs are cancelled until further notice:
- Knit-for-the-Needy, held on the first and third Thursday of the month
- Senior Card Games, held weekly
- Senior Game Day, held the fourth Thursday of the month
- Toddler Snack-tivity, held on the second Wednesday of the month
Current Programs/Special Events
Free Yoga in the Park, featuring Cleveland Clinic Akron General instructors, is Wednesdays and Saturdays at Central Park at 9 a.m. through August 15. Free Cardio Barre is also offered on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. in Central Park through August 26.
First Tee, held at Raintree Golf and Event Center, has resumed. All classes are full.
Adult Sand Volleyball League resumed in July.
Adult Softball League registration is open. For more information, visit www.cityofgreen.org
Special Recycling Event: Paper Shredding Event is August 1
In collaboration with Summit County Reworks, the City of Green Document Shredding Event is Saturday, August 1 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the City of Green Highway Building, 5383 Massillon Road. Open to all Summit County residents.
Summary of City of Green Park and Recreation Openings and Current Closures
Park Facilities Currently Open:
Restrooms, open daily from dawn and dusk, at the following parks:
- Boettler Park
- East Liberty Park
- Central Park, single restrooms near the Splash Pad
- Ariss Park
Restrooms, open during limited hours, at the following parks:
- Greensburg Park, open during scheduled practices and games
- Springhill Sports Complex, open during scheduled soccer practice and games
All other Park restrooms closed until further notice.
Other Park Features Open:
- Splash Pad at Central Park open daily, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., weather permitting.
- Limited baseball and soccer fields will be open for team practice and play.
- Sand Volleyball courts at Boettler Park
- Tennis courts at Boettler Park and East Liberty Park
- Pickleball courts at Boettler Park
- Basketball courts at Boettler Park and East Liberty Park
- Dog Park at Ariss Park, 2520 Wise Road. Please bring water for you and your dog. Public drinking fountains are not available.
The following facilities remain closed Under Direction of the Summit County Health Department until further notice:
- All sports fields are closed to sports organizations with the exception of baseball and soccer fields.
- The Central Park Community Hall and John Torok Community Center restrooms remain closed.
The following events are cancelled:
- Art-A-Palooza, a Fine Art Festival, at Boettler Park, on Saturday, August 15.
- All Green Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camps (June 8 - August 7).
- Children’s Entertainment Series
- New rentals for Green Park Pavilions, the Central Park Community Hall and the John Torok Community Center will not be accepted until further notice.
- Senior Expo on Thursday, September 10
- All other events in September and later will be reevaluated as dates approach.
Reopened with restrictions:
- The Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd., will remain closed to drop-in visitors. All visitors must make an appointment by calling 330-896-5500. All visitors must wear a face covering when in the building.
- City Council and all public meetings will continue to meet remotely with public viewing available through the City’s website at www.cityofgreen.org/videos. For task force and other committee meetings, such as the Drug Task Force and Living Green Task Force, details on meetings and the meeting format will be posted on the City’s website well in advance of any scheduled meetings.
Additional reminders and clarification:
- Raintree Golf and Event Center remains open for golf. Raintree Golf and Event Center is open for banquets. Visit www.golfraintree.com or call 330-699-3232 for more information.
- City Recycle Center, 5383 Massillon Road, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The City is updating our COVID-19 webpages daily with resources, links and more. Please visit www.cityofgreen.org/covid-19.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.
# # #