City Closures & Reopening
|Central Park Splash Pad||Opening July 6 with new regulations|
|Green Branch Akron Library||Online Resources|
|City of Green Park Restrooms||Select Restrooms Open|
|City of Green Pavilions|
|Central Administration Building (CAB)||Open by appointment ONLY|
|City Basketball Courts|
|City Playgrounds||Use at your own risk|
|City Volleyball Courts|
|Dog Park at Ariss Park||No drinking fountain access|
|Select Park Restrooms||Open limited hours|
|Tennis and Pickleball Courts||Boettler and East Liberty Parks|
Current Status of City Events and Facilities:
The following park restrooms will open June 10 daily from dawn and dusk.
- Boettler Park, near the soccer fields
- East Liberty Park
- Central Park, single restrooms near the Splash Pad
- Ariss Park
The following park restrooms will be open during limited hours.
- Springhill Sports Complex, open during scheduled soccer practice and games
- Greensburg Park, open during scheduled baseball practice and games
All other Park restrooms closed until further notice.
Sand Volleyball courts at Boettler Park reopen on Saturday, June 13. Players only. Spectators are not permitted. No large groups.
Park Facilities Currently Open:
- Limited baseball and soccer fields will be open for team practice and play.
- Tennis courts at Boettler Park and East Liberty Park
- Pickleball courts at Boettler Park
- Dog Park at Ariss Park, 2520 Wise Road. Please bring water for you and your dog. Public drinking fountains are not available.
Special Events Scheduled:
- City of Green Raintree Fourth of July 5K is happening. The race, held at Raintree Golf and Event Center, 4350 Mayfair Road, is on Saturday, July 4. The City is working with race organizers to host a race consistent with current health guidelines. Visit www.cityofgreen.org/race to register.
All other City of Green events in July and later are being evaluated.
The following facilities remain closed Under Direction of the Summit County Health Department until further notice:
- All sports fields are closed to sports organizations with the exception of baseball and soccer fields.
- The Splash Pad at Central Park, 1755 Town Park Blvd. Tentatively scheduled to reopen on July 1.
- Basketball courts in Green City parks.
- The Central Park Community Hall and John Torok Community Center restrooms remain closed.
The following events are cancelled:
- Art-A-Palooza, a Fine Art Festival, at Boettler Park, on Saturday, August 15.
- Green’s Annual FreedomFest at Boettler Park, sponsored by 98.1 KDD, on June 27.
- All Green Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camps (June 8 - August 7).
- Children’s Entertainment Series dates in June (June 4, 11, 18 and 25). However, we are evaluating a virtual series, watch for details.
- New rentals for Green Park Pavilions, the Central Park Community Hall and the John Torok Community Center will not be accepted until further notice. The current State of Ohio restrictions for gatherings is no more than 10 people.
- Yoga in the Park dates in June are cancelled. Free Yoga in the Park, featuring Cleveland Clinic Akron General instructors, will resume on Wednesday, July 8. Yoga in the Park will continue Wednesdays and Saturdays at Central Park at 9 a.m. through August 15.
Reopened with restrictions:
- The Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd., will remain closed to drop-in visitors. All visitors must make an appointment by calling 330-896-5500. All visitors must wear a face covering when in the building.
- City Council and all public meetings will continue to meet remotely with public viewing available through the City’s website at www.cityofgreen.org/videos. For task force and other committee meetings, such as the Drug Task Force and Living Green Task Force, details on meetings and the meeting format will be posted on the City’s website well in advance of any scheduled meetings.
Additional reminders and clarification:
- Raintree Golf and Event Center remains open for golf. Raintree Golf and Event Center reopens June 1 for banquets. Visit www.golfraintree.com or call 330-699-3232 for more information.
- City Recycle Center, 5383 Massillon Road, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.