Summer Day Camps
We're very excited to offer our summer day camps in 2021! While we will be taking our COVID protocols very seriously, we will still be having a lot of fun. Each day, campers will get to enjoy the beauty of Boettler and Southgate Parks and engage in activities like hiking, arts & crafts, pickleball, team sports, wildlife viewing, shelter building, light exercising, archery, and much more!
This year we will be sticking to the same "outdoor" theme each week. Even though we have the same theme throughout the summer, returning campers can expect a unique experience each week.
Camps are intended for children ages 7 to 12 years old. Camp will be held daily from 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. at the Freda Hunter Bates Pavilion. There will be 6 weeks of camp, from Monday, June 7 through Friday July 23, 2021. No camp the week of June 21-25 or on Monday, July 5.
Registration for City of Green residents will begin on Monday, March 1 at 8:00a.m. Registration for non-residents will begin on Monday, March 8 at 8:00a.m.
Camps are $75.00 per week for residents and $85.00 per week for non-residents.
The starting capacity for camps is 18 campers. However, as we gain more seasonal staff or as guidelines change, we will open up more spots for camp, so please add your camper(s) to the waiting list! We will pull names from the waiting list first!
COVID Protocols (updated 6/21/21):
- Masks: Staff members who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks when outdoors. Non-vaccinated staff will be required to wear a mask when they cannot maintain a social distance. Masks are optional for all campers.
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up: Parents/guardians must remain in their cars and have their camper(s) enter and exit the vehicle.
- Temperature Checks: Campers and staff will be given a temperature check upon arrival. If anyone has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, they will be asked to go home until they are fever free for 24 hours.
- COVID Symptoms: Anyone displaying COVID symptoms will be asked to stay at home.
- COVID Exposure: Any child who has been in contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 14 days from the time of exposure.
- Handwashing: Campers and staff must wash hands upon arrival, before and after eating, and after restroom use.
*All details above are subject to change.