- Parks & Recreation
- About Us
- Support Parks
- Commemorative Items
There are many ways you can contribute and enhance the parks in Green! See below for opportunities to support the parks.
Contribute to Veterans Memorial Park
NEW!! Purchase a Banner -- On Sale Beginning April 3, 2023
Purchase a banner to honor a veteran or active military member. The city will begin selling commemorative banners to be installed along the walking path at Veterans Memorial Park. Beginning April 3, banners will be available for sale. Purchaser must supply the active military or veteran's name, photo (military photos only, please), rank and years of service (or conflict/wartime). Banners are sold first come, first served. They will be installed by Memorial Day and will remain up through Veterans Day of the same year. After the banners are removed, the purchaser may pick up the banner from our Parks office, if they desire.
Cost: $100 each
Order Dates: April 3 - April 30 (while supplies last)
Click here to order online
Details/Guidelines for Banners:
- It is preferred that the military member or purchaser of the banner is or was affiliated with the City of Green in some way. For example: a current resident (either purchaser or veteran) or lived in Green for a period of time.
- The purchaser is responsible for ensuring the spelling and information provided for the banner is correct.
- The city may refuse to accept if proper photo (military preferred or head shot in uniform) cannot be obtained or proper resolution for printing. Resolution minimum: 2160 X 2448 pixels or minimum 72 dpi.
- The banners will be sold first come, first serve each year. There are only 16 banners sold each year.
- Design includes name of military member, branch of military, years of service such as (2011-2015) or conflict (WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc.) and rank.
Purchase a Paver
Purchase a paver to honor or memorialize a veteran or first responder. All paver sizes are available. Pavers range from $50 to $445 depending on size and inscription. Order online (click on commemorative items) or download the Paver Form.
Pavers are installed twice a year in the spring (prior to Memorial Day) and Fall (prior to Veterans Day). Deadline to purchase a paver for spring installation is March 31 and fall installation is September 13.
Commemorate a Furry Friend
Our entrance walkway to the Dog Park will include a memorial walk for our beloved dogs who are no longer with us. The 4 X 8 pavers are $50 each or $60 if you'd like to include a logo (paw print or heart). Order online (click on commemorative items) or download the Dog Park Paver form. You may purchase a paver at any time; however, installation of new pavers takes place twice a year in the spring and fall.
Commemorate a Bench or Tree
Purchase a bench or tree for one of the Parks. Contact the Parks & Recreation Department for more information at 330-896-6621 or email@example.com. The current pricing is $2,000 for benches and $500 for trees. Order online (click on commemorative items) or download the Request Form.