Massillon Road South
Construction of the Massillon Road South corridor project will begin this July. The project will improve the safety and efficiency of two intersections, at Boettler Road and Corporate Woods Circle, by replacing the traditional intersections with roundabouts. CVS Drive will also be extended to connect Franks Parkway to Thorn Drive. Street lighting and landscaping will be added to enhance the corridor. Construction is expected to be completed in November 2023.
Maintenance of Traffic
North and South bound traffic on Massillon Road will be maintained throughout the duration of the project. However, there will be periods of closure for all intersecting roadways.
Anticipated to begin in July 2022. Completion date is November 2023.
What's Driving This Project?
- 25,000 vehicles travel 241-S each day. This number is expected to grow 43% by 2043
- Traffic signals "stack more cars" and create more vehicle congestion than roundabouts
- Currently, it is difficult to make a left turn across 241-S along the corridor
What Will This Improvement Do for Green?
Improves traffic flow
to move vehicles through the corridor faster—no waiting for the light to go green—and provide easier access to businesses along the corridor. (Without roundabouts, this section of 241-S would need to be nine lanes wide at traffic signals!)
for drivers and passengers as risky traffic signal accidents no longer come into play.
Enhance the aesthetic
of the corridor and create a visually appealing sense of place.
Provide capacity to handle growth
of this prime retail and business hub in Green
How to Stay Safe in the Corridor During Construction:
- Maintain a safe speed
- Be courteous to other drivers and to construction crews
- Follow signs and keep a safe distance from other vehicles.