Massillon Road North
Beginning July 22, the speed limit within the Massillon Road North Project Area (Massillon Road from I-77 to SR 619) will be 25 MPH. Read on...
Karvo has continued with the installation of the new storm sewer at both Raber Rd. and Stein Rd. The new sanitary force main is complete and functioning. Excavation is continuing on the West side of Massillon Rd. between Stein and Raber Rd. Read on...
Work this week continues with installation of storm sewers along Raber Road and Stein Road. A new water main along Raber and Massillon Road will begin being installed. Read on...
- If we're looking to access Interstate 77, should we take an alternate route?
- Why are we putting new utility poles up instead of placing those wires and cables underground?
- The roundabouts at Raber and 619 are at busy intersections. Why are we adding a third one at Stein Road?
- How long will the project take?
- Why is the project necessary?
The City of Green will begin construction of the two season Massillon Road North infrastructure improvement project in 2020. Utility relocation will begin in 2019 in preparation for roadway improvements.
The purpose of this project is to improve current and future mobility on Massillon Road.
Review the following project needs:
- Capacity: Existing two-lane road is not adequate for future traffic at intersections
- Safety: Number of left turn crashes at intersections is higher than statewide averages, vertical curve does not provide adequate sight distance, insufficient driveway spacing, shoulders are narrower than current design standards
- Walking/Biking: No existing pedestrian or bicycle facilities along this segment of Massillon Road
See the following to learn about the project goals:
- Accommodate pedestrians and bicycles and improve connectivity
- Decrease crashes by improving roadway to current design standards
- Improve visual character of corridor
- Minimize impacts to private property and the environment
- Provide sufficient capacity to accommodate future traffic
After several public input meetings and evaluation of the three proposed plan alternatives, the selected project plan includes three roundabouts (intersections of Massillon Road/SR619, Stein/Massillon Road, and Raber/Massillon Road).
Review the November 2016 Massillon Road North Alternative (PDF).
Project Cost Estimates
The construction cost is currently estimated at $12.75 million.
- Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study
- City of Green
- Ohio Department Of Transportation Safety Funding
- Construction: 2020 through 2021
- Construction: Utility Relocation 2019
- Design: 2014 through 2019
- Develop alternatives: Fall 2013
- Public Meeting Number 2: Late 2013/Early 2014
- Right of Way Acquisition: 2019
- Select preferred alternative: 2016