Massillon Road North
Week of June 8: Main sewer lines are scheduled to be installed along the north side of Raber Road. This work is anticipated to take approximately two weeks. Read on...
Karvo Construction will officially begin construction the week of May 26, weather permitting... Read on...
The City of Green will begin construction of the two season Massillon Road North infrastructure improvement project in 2020. Utility relocation will begin in 2019 in preparation for roadway improvements.
The purpose of this project is to improve current and future mobility on Massillon Road.
Review the following project needs:
- Capacity: Existing two-lane road is not adequate for future traffic at intersections
- Safety: Number of left turn crashes at intersections is higher than statewide averages, vertical curve does not provide adequate sight distance, insufficient driveway spacing, shoulders are narrower than current design standards
- Walking/Biking: No existing pedestrian or bicycle facilities along this segment of Massillon Road
See the following to learn about the project goals:
- Accommodate pedestrians and bicycles and improve connectivity
- Decrease crashes by improving roadway to current design standards
- Improve visual character of corridor
- Minimize impacts to private property and the environment
- Provide sufficient capacity to accommodate future traffic
After several public input meetings and evaluation of the three proposed plan alternatives, the selected project plan includes three roundabouts (intersections of Massillon Road/SR619, Stein/Massillon Road, and Raber/Massillon Road).
Review the November 2016 Massillon Road North Alternative (PDF).
Project Cost Estimates
The construction cost is currently estimated at $12.75 million.
- Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study
- City of Green
- Ohio Department Of Transportation Safety Funding
- Construction: 2020 through 2021
- Construction: Utility Relocation 2019
- Design: 2014 through 2019
- Develop alternatives: Fall 2013
- Public Meeting Number 2: Late 2013/Early 2014
- Right of Way Acquisition: 2019
- Select preferred alternative: 2016