Drug Task Force
The Green Drug Task Force meets every other month on the first Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the Central Administration Building. To learn more email the Communications Department.
The Drug Task Force is made up of:
- Business leaders
- Elected officials
- First responders
- Health care professionals
- Community members
The Green Drug Task Force has several subcommittees including:
- Community Education
- Faith-Based Committee
- Business Member Committee
Interested in serving on a committee? Email the Communications Department
View our resource guide (PDF). A guide of contact information and phone numbers to get the help you or a loved one needs today. Need help from addiction? Call 330-940-1133
Upcoming 2019 Events
October 26 Drug Take Back Day
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fire Station Number 2
Summit County Sheriff Department accepts all unwanted and expired prescription drugs.
Prior Educational Events
Be Drug Safe: Pain Management Today: Understanding the Science and Know the Options. Links to these informative programs are listed below.
- View online - February 5 Surgical Pain Meds: Know Your Options
- View online - March 5 Simple Ways to Reduce Surgery Downtime
- View online - April 16 Be Drug Safe: Pain Management Today
Prescription Drug Disposal
Drop Off Locations
- Summit County Sheriff Training Center, 2825 Greensburg Road. Drugs may be dropped off between 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for proper disposal.
- Summa Health Emergency Room, 825 Franks Parkway.
Drug Disposal Bags
- Doterra Drug Disposal bags are available free of charge. Available at the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Boulevard, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Green Outreach Team
The Green Outreach (GO) Team is the City of Green's Quick Response Team that visits homes where an overdose or drug or alcohol use was part of an EMS call the prior week. The team consists of a fire medic, sheriff deputy and social worker whose goal is to help those in need seek help from addiction. Since the team formed in January 2017, they have visited more than 200 homes with almost half agreeing to treatment. If you'd like the GO team to visit someone in need, please contact the City of Green Fire Division at 330-896-6610.