City of Green Selects NOPEC for Natural Gas Aggregation Program
Effective April 2020. The City of Green is switching to NOPEC as its supplier for its gas aggregation program.
Residents and small business owners will be receiving a natural gas enrollment letter for Green’s natural aggregation program through NOPEC. NOPEC is required by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) to send these letters to all eligible customers (residential and small business) in NOPEC member communities every two years.
- Notice of switch to NOPEC. Letters will begin mailing February/March 2020 for enrollment into the natural gas program for the period beginning April 2020 through January 2022.
- No action required to opt-in. If you want to enroll into NOPEC’s Standard Program Price, you don’t need to take any action when you receive your enrollment letter. You will automatically be enrolled. Additional program options can be viewed online at nopec.org/checkrates or by calling NOPEC’s Customer Care Center at 1-855-667-3201.
- Must opt-out if you do not want NOPEC as your gas supplier. If you don’t want to enroll in the natural gas aggregation, you must return the opt-out form attached to your enrollment letter to NOPEC by mail or by fax to 440-774-4422.
- Questions? See NOPEC’s FAQs or call NOPEC’s Customer Care Center 1-855-667-3201.
- Dominion East Ohio Gas will remain your utility company and will deliver the natural gas to your service location, respond to any emergencies, and send and process your bills (including budget billing and automatic payment options). 800-362-7557
- Dominion Energy
Current Supplier Constellation Energy Service (Effective through March 31, 2020)
Under the Governmental Aggregation Program, the City of Green offers its residents and small businesses a monthly variable rate for natural gas with the option to convert to a fixed rate, if desired. If you would like to take advantage of these attractive rates, please call the program supplier, Constellation Energy Service or CES (formerly named Constellation Energy Gas Choice), at 844-516-5246 to enroll. The City is pleased to have made this program possible, but asks that you call the supplier with any questions you might have. The City’s contract for gas aggregation with Constellation Energy Service (CES) is May 2016 and through first quarter 2020.
December 2019 -- The City will be switching to NOPEC for gas aggregation at the end of the first quarter of 2020, pending City Council approval. Once approved, letters from NOPEC will be sent to homeowners notifying them of the change and how to enroll. See legislation for details.
Constellation Energy Service
- Program is a monthly variable rate plan. The variable rate pricing will change monthly and follows the trend of wholesale natural gas prices as determined by the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- At any time, residents may fix their rate for a 12-month period by calling Constellation at 844-516-5246. The fixed rate shall be a 9% discount from the standard Constellation fixed rate offer as shown on the PUCO Apples to Apples Price Comparison Chart at the time you elect to switch from a variable rate to a fixed rate 12-month contract. There is no requirement to select a fixed rate, but it is an option.
- You may opt-out at any time. To opt-out, please complete the opt-out form (PDF). Aggregation members will not be charged an early termination fee by Constellation for leaving the program prior to the end of the term.
- Dominion East Ohio Gas will remain your utility company and will deliver the natural gas to your service location, respond to any emergencies, and send and process your bills (including budget billing and automatic payment options).
- Visit the FAQ section (PDF) for more explanation.