September 5, 2018 - Recently FirstEnergy Solutions (FES), the supplier for Green’s Electric Aggregation Program, has filed for restructuring with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. As part of this process, the retail assets (customer contracts) of FES have been sold to another supplier. If you are a participant in the City of Green Aggregation Program, you will be receiving a required letter from FES providing you notice of the assumption of your contract by Exelon Generation Company LLC (Exelon). Your new electric generation supplier will be Constellation, a subsidiary of Exelon. Constellation is a trusted supplier who serves 2 million residential, public sector and business customers.
Here is a brief summary of what the letter means:
- First and foremost, customer electric service will not be interrupted.
- Exelon will be the purchaser of the FES retail business, subject to the satisfaction of the applicable conditions including Bankruptcy Court approval.
- Constellation, a subsidiary of Exelon, is a qualified retail electricity supplier and will, after the closing of the sale, assume the retail contracts to provide electricity service on the same rates, terms and conditions in your current contract with FES.
- The transfer of your contract and all customer contracts to Constellation will occur as soon as possible after the sale is completed. It is anticipated that contracts will be transferred in November or December (date may be subject to change).
- You do not have to take action and your contract will be assigned to Constellation after the closing of the sale under the same terms and conditions you have today. Your contract price, terms and conditions will remain the same with Constellation as your new suppler.
FirstEnergy Solutions (FES) was recently selected again as the supplier to the City of Green Electric Aggregation Program. The program with FES is continuing to offer eligible residents in Green a discount on the electric generation portion of the bill. Effective June 2018 through May of 2021, you are guaranteed to save 6% off your price to compare (the price you would have paid if you were with the utility on full service). You do not need to do anything to participate. City of Green businesses will receive a 4% discount for the same time period as residents. If you have any questions, please call FirstEnergy Solutions at 1-866-636-3749.
Please do not call the City of Green directly, as FirstEnergy Solutions has the account information you will need to answer any questions you might have.