Trash collection and sanitation services are provided by the Kimble Companies. The service also includes curbside recycling. Addition City recycling services are available as well as special recycling days each year.
Effective 2020, residents of Green will see an increase in fuel taxes as a result of House Bill 62. More information.
Trash Collection/Sanitation Services
Holiday Trash Pick-up Schedule
Kimble does not operate on the following Holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a weekday, service for that day and the rest of the week will be delayed by one day. (If a holiday falls on a Saturday or a Sunday pick-up will not be delayed).
White Goods Pick-Up
There is a special collection the third week in May of each year to recycle white goods (refrigerators, stoves, scrap metal, etc). Please contact Kimble for details.
Christmas Tree Pick-Up
There is a special collection the first two Saturdays in January of each year to recycle live Christmas Trees. Please contact Kimble for details.
2021 Christmas Tree Pick Up will take place January 9 and 16. Call Kimble to schedule at 1-800-201-0005. Trees need to be by the curb by 6 a.m. for collection.
Refuse /Recycle Collection Guidelines
- 2019 Recycling Week Calendar (PDF)
- Weekly collection service does not include:
- Automotive/truck parts
- Construction or demolition debris
- Flammable liquids
- Gas cans
- Hazardous/infectious waste
- Oil fluorescent bulbs
- Any waste prohibited from disposal in a solid waste landfill
- For more information on collection services, call Reworks, formerly the Summit/Akron Solid Waste Management Authority, for information on disposal of these items: 330-374-0383 or visit Reworks website.
- Please have refuse and recyclables at the curb by 6 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day. Items such as swing sets, carpet, tree limbs, gutter, and downspouts must be cut into 36 inches or less, bundled, weigh less than 50 pounds and placed at the curbside on a regular pick-up day.
- Leaves and yard waste will also be picked up with the trash, however, residents are encouraged to recycle leaf and yard waste through the City of Green's Recycle Center located at 5383 Massillon Road.This reduces the amount of material being disposed of in the landfill and also provides material for the City's free mulch program provided to residents.
- Co-mingled recyclables must be placed in your 18-gallon bin. This includes items such as:
- Aluminum cans
- Bi-metal cans
- Number 1 through Number 7 plastics
- Your fiber should be tied and bundled, or placed in a brown paper bag, and set on top of or next to your recycling bin. This includes
- Telephone books
If you have other questions please contact Kimble at 800-201-0005 or the Department of Public Service at 330-896-4176.