Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco-Free Workplace
The City of Green is a health and safety conscious work environment. Potential employees are tested for the use of drugs, alcohol, and any tobacco or nicotine products. The City of Green is a Tobacco-Free Workplace. Applicants must be able to test negative for nicotine along with other drug and alcohol pre-placement requirements.
An employment application must be completed and submitted for each open position. A background check is included as part of the screening process.
Applications available at the City of Green Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd. Digital copies can be found at the bottom of this page. Return application, proof of education (copy college diploma or college transcripts), and a $10 non-refundable filing fee (checks payable to City of Green) to the Human Resources Office or mail to the Civil Service Commission, P.O. Box 278, Green, OH 44232-0278.
Email applications with resume to Melinda Svenson, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com
Full Time and Part Time Positions
The Civil Service Commission will conduct an examination for both full-time and part-time positions* Monday, March 20 at 6 pm. The test will be conducted at Green’s Central Park Community Hall located at 1795 Steese Rd., Uniontown, OH. Application deadline is 4 pm on Friday, February 24, 2023.
Part-time Code Inspector: $23.29/hr
- Minimum education required is Associate Degree, with a Bachelor preferred, in a relevant field i.e., Construction Technology, Planning (Urban & Regional) or degreed program that provides understanding of planning and development process.
- Minimum Two (2) years experience in either Zoning Code Enforcement, Planning and/or Construction desired. Will accept Bachelor’s degree in relevant field in place of experience.
- Problem resolution and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer or resident services.
- Requires technical skills to learn City Works software. Prior experience using City Works, or another asset management system is beneficial but not a requirement.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license plus must be able to qualify for and remain insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
Generous Benefits Including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life (full-time employees)
- Paid Sick Time (full-time employees)
- Paid Vacation
- OPERS Retirement System
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
South Summit Dispatch Center
The South Summit Dispatch Center is currently looking for applicants for the positions of:
- Emergency Services Dispatcher
- Dispatch Manager
Application deadline is February 3. View job description or learn more about applying.
Public Service Department
The City of Green is a progressive, prosperous and promising city in need of dependable and courteous CDL CLASS A & B drivers to assist with snow & ice removal and other assigned duties during the winter season.
Seasonal CDL Driver: $17.30 - $20.30/hr based on experience
- Completion of secondary education (High School or GED)
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license (Class A or B CDL) and remain insurable
- Ability to work outside in varying weather/driving conditions
- Maximum assignment of 180 days
- $17.30 to $20.30/hr based on experience - No benefits
- Overtime during inclement weather (may include weekends and holidays)
Two shifts available:
Shift A: 7:00am – 3:00 pm (normal work hours)
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm (must be available if needed)
Shift B: 7:00 pm – 3:00 am (normal work hours)
3:00 am – 7:00 am (must be available if needed)
Seasonal Mechanic: $16.50 - $23.00/hr based on experience
Work full time for up to 6 months with a 7am to 3pm schedule. Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in the maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment and a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) along with a tanker endorsement plus qualify and remain insurable under the City's vehicle insurance policy.
Completed program in automotive mechanic trade school, or evidence of satisfactorily completed coursework in this trade is desirable. ASE certification for general automobile mechanic and general heavy duty truck mechanic preferred.
- Performs preventive maintenance on a variety of motorized equipment including automobiles, tractors, trucks, front-end loaders, backhoes, street sweeper, rollers, mowers, and related equipment in accordance with a maintenance schedule.
- Routinely changes oil, filters, headlights/taillights, wiper blades, etc. to ensure equipment is properly maintained.
- Changes tires, balances wheels for proper alignment; greases and lubricates equipment.
- May perform other repairs such as changing a battery, light body work, or install a mirror.
- Changes snowplow blades.
- Operates snow removal equipment.
- Washes or cleans equipment and sets up for repairs.
- Assists General or Lead Mechanic with other repairs which may include the repair or replacement of generators, starters, shock absorbers, brakes, engines, hydraulic controls, or any electrical work.
Application for Employment Forms
You may download an application from the city’s website at cityofgreen.org/Careers and mail to:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
PO Box 278
Green, OH 44232-0278
Or apply in person at:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
Uniontown, OH 44685