Parks & Recreation
Welcome to Green's Parks & Recreation Division!
The Parks and Recreation Division works for you to create community and quality of life through people, parks, and programs.
Some of the great things you'll find in Green Parks include:
- More than 700 acres of parks and green space including a municipal golf course, Raintree Golf & Event Center
- An award-winning Veterans Park
- More than 5-miles of hiking trails at Southgate Park
- Walking paths at Boettler Park, the Green Veterans Park, Central Park and Ariss Park
- Walking Paths / Hiking Trails Map
- Nearly 2 acres for dogs at the Dick Goddard Dog Park at Ariss Park
- Children playgrounds at Boettler Park, Greensburg Park, East Liberty Park, Green Veterans Park, and Central Park
- A multitude of soccer, lacrosse, football and baseball and softball fields at a number of our parks
- Dedicated Pickleball courts and tennis courts at Boettler Park
- Fun, family-friendly special events throughout the year
- Outstanding recreation programming for all ages
- Parks open at SUNRISE and close 30 minutes after SUNSET.
- No hunting or trapping.
- No swimming.
- Possession of drugs, alcohol, and other such illegal substances is prohibited.
- No person shall use fireworks, explosives, or posses illegal firearms within the confines of any park.
- No person shall engage in gambling within the confines of any city park.
- No person shall post any signs or messages in any city park without the expressed written consent of the City of Green.
- No person shall participate in any form of organized league game or practice on any field, in any city park, without prior written advance authorization from the Parks and Recreation Division.
- No person shall ride, lead, or transport a horse into any city park without prior written approval from the Parks and Recreation Division.
- No person shall discharge any firearm from within the confines of any city park nor shall any person discharge a firearm into any city park.
- No person shall establish or maintain a camp or other temporary lodging place in any city park.
- No person shall loiter in and around any park, building, structure, or motorized vehicle.
- Snowmobiles, ATVs, and dirt bikes are prohibited.
- Open fires are not permitted.
- No person shall deposit or scatter hot coals or ash in any area of the park, except in designated receptacles provided for such use.
- No person shall sell or offer for sell any food, beverage, article, or service in any park without the prior written agreement with the City of Green and the Parks and Recreation Division.
- Metal detectors are prohibited at Central Park, Veteran's Memorial Park, Spring Hill Sports Complex and Raintree Golf & Event Center.