GREEN, OH – The intersection of Lauby Road and Greensburg Road will close on Monday, May 4 for approximately 70 days to reconstruct the intersection as a single lane roundabout. This is the final phase of the two-season infrastructure improvement project to widen Lauby Road north of the airport entrance to two lanes, add lighting, resurface the entire roadway, and convert the intersection at Greensburg Road to a roundabout. This roundabout will be the second constructed in Green.
The posted detours are as follows:
- To access Lauby Road and the Airport from Greensburg Road (east of Lauby), the detour is Mayfair Road to Mt. Pleasant west to Lauby Road.
- To access Lauby Road and the Airport from Greensburg Road (west of Lauby), the detour is Massillon Road/Wales Ave. (SR241) south to Shuffel Road east to Frank Ave./Mt. Pleasant Road east to Lauby Road.
- For Greensburg Road (east or west), the detour is Mayfair Road south to Mt. Pleasant Road/Frank Ave. west to Shuffel Road west to Wales Ave./Massillon Road (SR241) north to Greensburg Road.
- Entrance on and off I-77 north and southbound at the airport will remain open.
- Access will be maintained to businesses located on Lauby Road via the detours to Lauby Road from the south.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org. Follow the City of Green on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofgreenoh or on Twitter @cityofgreen.