Below are the current job opportunities with the City of Green.
Regardless of the position an employment application must be submitted. The City of Green conducts background checks and drug tests for all new hires.
The City of Green is an equal opportunity employer.
City of Green Civil Service Commission will be accepting applications to determine eligibility to participate in an examination. Qualified applicants will be notified by letter of the examination site. Applicants failing to meet minimum qualifications or submit required documents and filing fee by the deadline will be disqualified and notified in writing.
Under general supervision, perform general accounting and clerical functions in order to assist with the efficient operation of the department. Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of secondary education (high school or GED), supplemented by courses in general accounting and personal computer operations, plus two (2) years experience in the preparation and maintenance of tax and financial records. The City will also consider applicants who possess an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
Any combination of training and work experience indicating possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES: (The duties listed below are intended to depict tasks performed by this classification)
- Prepare, maintain, and process financial transaction records.
- Assist with tax division operations: to include taxpayer assistance, answer tax division telephone, tax receipts, data entry, taxpayer correspondence, and all associated systems.
- Scan daily tax documents.
- Greet taxpayers at front counter.
- Log daily tax revenue receipts
- Review EMS billing reports, log receipts
- Contact new businesses subcontractors to provide tax registration forms
- Assist auditors during the annual or special audits by locating records, clarifying activities, and providing general information.
- Performa various clerical tasks in order to assist with the efficient operation of the department: collect forms; follow up on various issues with taxpayers.
- Serve as back-up to co-workers.
- Type reports, correspondence, and other documentation; etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist Finance Department as required during lunch period or due to staff absence; maintain office supply inventory; prepare purchase orders for division purchases. Perform additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES necessary to perform duties (*indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of: Division policies and procedures*; general accounting principles and practices; modern business office practices and procedures; payroll practices and procedures*; City income tax ordinances and regulations*.
Ability to: Collect, analyze, and interpret data; work independently or with others; prepare and maintain accurate documentation; calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages; communicate effectively; effectively interact with others.
Skill in: Operation of modern business office equipment (fax, copier), Microsoft operating system (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Personal computer, typewriter, 10-key calculator, postage machine, envelope slicing machine; folding machine, etc.
Applications are available at the City of Green Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown, OH 44685 or at www.cityofgreen.org/job-opportunities. Return application, proof of education and a $10 non-refundable filing fee (checks payable to the City of Green), no later than August 10, 2015 at 4:00pm to the Human Resources Office or mail to the Green Civil Service Commission, P.O. Box 278, Green, OH 44232-0278.
The examination is scheduled for September 15, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. Following verification of qualifications, applicants will be notified by letter of the examination site.
*Application deadline is Friday, August 10, 2015 at 4:00 P.M.
SEASONAL LABORERS I and II
Do you want to contribute to the growth of a progressive, prosperous and promising city?
The City of Green is looking for seasonal help in its Service Department.
• Limited term employment with various duties and responsibilities
• Maximum term of employment up to 180 days.
• Completion of secondary education (High School or GED) and 18 years old.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Seasonal Laborer I:
Park maintenance, mowing, trimming, picking up litter, preparing athletic fields, trail maintenance, general landscaping, painting, cleaning, shoveling and raking material, special events, cleaning restrooms and other related duties as assigned. $9.00/hour.
Seasonal Laborer II:
Hauling material; dirt, stone, asphalt; shoveling, raking; picking up roadside litter, tree & brush removal, mowing, flagging traffic, operate equipment and other related duties as assigned. Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license (Class A or B CDL) and remain insurable. $13.00-$16.00/hour based on experience.
Applications can be mailed to:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
PO Box 278
Green, OH 44232-0278
Or apply in person at:
City of Green HR Department
1755 Town Park Boulevard
Uniontown, OH 44685