Below are the current job opportunities with the City of Green.
Regardless of the position an employment application must be submitted. The City of Green conducts background checks and drug tests for all new hires.
The City of Green is an equal opportunity employer.
Limited term employment with various duties and responsibilities.
- Completion of secondary education (High School or GED) and 18 years old.
- Hourly Rate: $9.00/hr – No benefits
- Maximum term of employment – 40 hours a week, up to 120 days
Job Responsibilities: Under direction perform unskilled labor functions in the maintenance of city buildings and parks property: landscape and tree nursery maintenance; assist with road paving; load and unload material; paint structures and equipment; flag traffic; monitor and maintain the City’s recycle facility; performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Completion of secondary (high school or GED) and 18 years old. Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license and qualify for and remain insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Assist in construction and/or maintenance of sports fields (marking, rolling) in City parks.
- Perform road and storm water maintenance duties: moving materials and supplies, berm and road patching and repair, ditching, traffic flagging duties at work sites, etc.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance of division equipment and vehicles: wash, check fluid levels, sharpen tools.
- Maintain records of hours worked to be completed, and submitted to the Finance Department as required and directed. Maintain additional records as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain records of users name, address and material dropped off at the city’s facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIESnecessary to perform duties (* indicates developed after employment).
Knowledge of: Safety, department/division policies and procedures*, traffic laws.
Ability to: Follow routine instructions, work in adverse weather conditions, effectively interact with others, lift and move heavy objects, operate/utilize simple tools and equipment, operate light motorized equipment, prepare routine work related records; exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
In accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor physical demands strength ratings, this is considered heavy work.
*How to apply: Interested candidates MUST submit an employment application. An online, printable version can be found at the top of the page under “Employment Application”. Print off the application or stop by the Human Resources Department and pick up an application.
*Where to Apply: The City of Green’s Central Administration Building’s address is 1755 Town Park Blvd, Uniontown, Ohio 44685. Candidates can drop applications off or mail applications to P.O Box 278, Green, Ohio 44232.