Green has several e-alert systems -- YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR EACH ONE SEPARATELY AT THIS TIME.
The three communication types are:
1. Enewsletters -- a monthly enewsletter and periodic ealerts sent via email to imform and update residents and businesses. You may select, which email communications you wish to receive.
2. Emergency Email, Text Messages and Phone Calls via Everbridge -- only employed by our Fire and Safety Divisions in the event of an emergency. All listed land line numbers are included. To receive text messages or emails, YOU MUST REGISTER.
3. Text Message Alertsvia Nixle -- text messages to alert residents of immediate information one for general news and information sent via email and one used strictly to share emergency information sent via email or text message.
1. Green Enewsletters and Alerts Sign up.
- periodic emails with event info, general news, and reminders of city services and activities.
2. Emergency Green Alert Sign-up.
- Stay informed in an emergency. Sign-up your cell phone number to receive text and voice messages from Green's Safety Services in the event of an emergency. All land-line phones (non-internet based phones) are already on the system to receive voice messages
- Who should sign-up? Other FAQs about GreenAlert
- Residents who wish to receive text message alerts on his/her cell phone.
- Residents who ONLY have cell phones.
- Non-Residents, who work in Green or have relatives in Green, who wish to receive alerts.
3. Text Message Alerts via Nixle
- This text messaging service allows the City to communicate directly via text messaging to residents and businesses who register their cellphone numbers. YOU MUST SIGN UP YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER SEPARATELY FROM GREENALERT AT THIS TIME.
- Emergency and non-emregency tet messages will be sent. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- Sign up below or text GREENOH to 888777
See recent messages below.