2016 Construction Projects
The following roads are slated for repaving this year. To receive construction updates, please sign up for our enewsletter.
Massillon Road Improvement Projects -- Fall 2016
Construction of the following three projects will be completed this fall. Construction began August 29, 2016 and is anticipated to be completed in two months.
- Remove Island at Corporate Woods Circle (Between GetGo and Shops of Green).* Removal of the island to create a second, dedicated left turn lane. Once complete there will be a dedicated left turn lane, a left turn lane/through lane, and a dedicated, right turn lane.
- Addition of Dedicated Right Turn Lane on Massillon onto Boettler Road. Creation of a new right turn lane on Massillon Road onto Boettler Road.
- Resizing the island on Massillon Road approaching I-77 intersection. The island will be resized and the lanes on Massillon Road northbound will be realigned to better line up with the stacking lanes at I-77 northbound (under the I-77 bridge).
*The signal at this intersection is slated to be updated in late fall to accomodate these new improvements. This project will be completed in November.
- Cottage Grove from Caston to SR619
- Boettler Road from Arlington to Massillon Road
- Pickle Road from Springfield to SR619
- Forest Lake Drive
- Raintree Subdivision Phase 1
- Robin’s Trace
- Greenwood Commons
Steese Road and Shriver Multi-Purpose Trails
Completed in mid-May, an 8-foot wide concrete multi-purpose trail was constructed on the north side of Steese Road from the Green Intermediate School west to Greenwood Drive. The Shriver Road Multi-Purpose Trail is also an 8-foot wide concrete and agreggate surface trail that extends from the sidewalk on the east side of Shriver to King Drive.