Green, OH – The City of Green is planning to complete several road construction projects this year, totaling more than $3.6 million for reconstruction projects and an additional $100,000 for in-house strip paving. The following reconstruction projects are set to begin in late August and early September. Map of 2015 Paving Program.
Reconstruction Projects include:
- Killinger Road
- East Nimisila Road
- Tabs Drive
- Boettler Oaks Drive
Wise Road between Massillon Road and Mayfair Road
- Mayfair Lakes allotment – Parfoure Blvd, Tamarisk Circle, Fairway Dr., Bluegrass Dr., Sand Dr., Sawgrass Dr., Saddleboro Dr. and Players Circle.
- Several streets in the Meadow wood Allotment -- Meadow Wood Lane, Bass Wood Dr., Cherry Wood Way, Peach Wood Way, Pear Wood Way, Golden Wood Pky (between Cherry Wood and Pine Wood Way), Pine Wood Way, Summer Wood Lane, Spring Meadow Circle, and Spring Wood Lane.
Repaving/Strip Patching Projects include:
- Sections of Mayfair Road between Heckman and Bryon Drive*
- Sections of Koons Road east of Thursby Ave.*
- Sections of Thursby Ave.*
- Sections of Pickle Road*
- Sections of Stoner Road*
- Sections of Christman Road
“This past winter season was especially harsh and damaging to our roads,” said Paul Oberdorfer, Public Service Director. “Paul Pickett, city engineer, and I have worked closely together to come up with the best plan to repair, repave and resurface the most in need roads with the funds allocated for road construction and maintenance this year.”
Graybill Road Construction Update
Also slated for this season was the reconstruction of the intersection at Graybill Road and Massillon to make a dedicated left turn lane and through and right turn lane. This project will be pushed out to the summer of 2016.
“Due to the high demand for roadway contractors, the City received only one bid for the project on July 7, and we determined it will be advantageous to re-bid the project later this year when contractors begin to fill their schedules for the 2016 construction season,” said Paul Pickett, city engineer. “The good news is that the construction won’t interfere with school traffic during the 2015-2016 school year.”
*These road improvements are completed as of July 30, 2015.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofgreenohio